The Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) is a hybrid institution that offers technical training for post-secondary students. It also trains high school students through partnerships and an on-campus technical and trades school.
Industry collaboration is a hallmark of MITT’s approach to preparing students for their careers. With its industry partners, MITT identifies skills gaps and develops curricula to meet them. Students can opt for practicum opportunities that help them build connections with prospective employers as they learn.
The college specializes in information and business technology, health care, human services and skilled trades. It offers more than 25 certificate, diploma and apprenticeship-accredited programs, including software developer, mechanic/millwright, welding, electronics, auto mechanics, hospitality management, culinary arts and design, hairstyling, and graphic and print technician.
The school provides continuing education opportunities through its Lifelong Learning Institute. MITT also runs a large network of adult learning centres, and its YouthBuild program equips Indigenous learners with trades training. MITT has its own ESL school that delivers language training to qualifying newcomers.
MITT also offers a home-stay program to international students, who make up 50 per cent of its full-time students.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$5,550-$8,900||$2,850-$8,800||$8,800||No|
- Cyber Defence and Cloud Administration: A two-year diploma program that includes an eight-week practicum and prepares students to write a variety of certification exams.
- Pharmacy Technician: This two-year diploma program boasts small class sizes, interdisciplinary learning, simulation labs and three work practicums.
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management: This program equips students with the basic business and supply chain skills needed to become effective professionals in this expanding business sector.
- Cyber Defence and Cloud Administration
- Software Developer
- Graphic and Print Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Industrial Welding