The Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology (MITT) is a hybrid institution that offers technical training for post-secondary students, and also trains high school students through partnerships and an on-campus technical and trades school.
Industry collaboration is a hallmark of MITT’s approach to preparing students for their careers. With its industry partners, MITT identifies skills gaps and develops curricula to meet them. Students can participate in practicum opportunities and career preparation training to help them build connections with prospective employers as they learn.
The college specializes in information and business technology, health care, human services and skilled trades. It offers more than 30 certificate, diploma and apprenticeship-accredited programs, including software development, mechanic/millwright, welding, electronics, auto mechanics, hospitality management, culinary arts, hairstyling, and graphic and print technician. The school’s construction labourer certificate program is designed for Indigenous learners in the trades. MITT prepares students with a two-week Work Skills Foundations series that helps learners transition into a post-secondary academic environment and navigate the expectations both in class and in the workplace.
MITT is a popular choice for international students. More than 50 per cent of full-time students were born outside of Canada. The school also runs a large network of adult learning centres and provides continuing education through its lifelong learning programs. MITT’s own ESL school delivers language training to qualifying newcomers.
• Sales and Event Coordinator: Students are provided with a foundational skill set to plan and coordinate events of all sizes.
• Electronics Technician: This program combines theory and hands-on projects in the study of components, devices and circuits.
• Graphic and Print Technician: Students use a large, on-site Heidelberg press to explore the spectrum of design, pre-press, printing and post-press finishing.
• Business Administrative Assistant
• Cyber Defence and Cloud Administration
• Pharmacy Technician
• Rehabilitation Assistant
• Electrical Applications
• Diploma: $7,935-$9,985
• Certificate: $5,500-$16,750
• Post-Grad: $6,500-$9,750