Students at Medicine Hat College study in Canada’s sunniest city, which annually receives 2,512 hours of rays. The college offers certificate and diploma programs, degrees, apprenticeship training and adult learning programs. The majority of students attend the campus in Medicine Hat, while the others attend the Brooks campus, about 110 km to the west. Townhouse-style student residences are available at both campuses.
The college offers more than 30 certificate and diploma programs in business administration, environmental reclamation, information technology, speech pathology, social work and more. Several degree programs are also available, including education and nursing, as well as apprenticeship programs in welding, plumbing and carpentry.
Research facilities at Medicine Hat include a 3D printer, driving simulators and high-fidelity mannequins for first responders.
Medicine Hat’s programming has a global focus. Students who want to study abroad can take advantage of the college’s international mobility program. The college itself has more than 300 international students; most come from India, the Philippines, Jamaica, Brazil, Japan and South Korea.
The college is known for its athletic teams—all known as the Rattlers—that compete in basketball, soccer, volleyball and golf.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence Offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$4,454-$6,755||$4,454-$7,868||$4,454-$6,681||Yes|
- Agroecology Technician Diploma: In this new program, students learn how to apply sustainable strategies to the production of food, forage, fibre and fuel while exploring topics in environmental studies, economics and energy.
- Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physical Therapist Assistant: This two-year program combines classroom studies with hands-on practicum experience in industry settings, including hospitals, private clinics and schools. The program is available on-site and remotely.
- Built Environment Engineering: This program provides students with the skills to solve problems when they consider the intersection of our built environment and the natural environment.
- Business Administration Diploma
- University Studies: Bachelor of Nursing
- University Studies: Bachelor of Education
- University Studies: Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Applied Arts