Students at Medicine Hat College study in Canada’s sunniest city, which annually has 2,512 hours of rays. The college offers certificate and diploma programs, degrees, apprenticeship training and adult learning programs. The majority of students attend the campus in Medicine Hat, while the remainder attend the Brooks campus, about 110 km to the west. Townhouse-style student residences are available at both campuses.
The college offers more than 35 certificate and diploma programs in environmental reclamation, addiction counselling, information technology, social work, speech pathology and more. Several degree programs are also available, including business administration, education and nursing, as well as apprenticeship programs in welding, plumbing and carpentry.
Research facilities at Medicine Hat include a 3D printer, driving simulators and high-fidelity mannequins for first responders.
Medicine Hat’s programming has a global focus. Students who want to study abroad—either for the short or the long term—can take advantage of the opportunity to go through the college’s international mobility program. The college has more than 300 international students; most come from India, Mexico, the Philippines and China.
The college also has athletic teams—all known as the Rattlers—that compete in men’s and women’s basketball, soccer, volleyball and golf.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence Offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$4,130-$5,682||$4,130||$4,130||Yes|
- Education (B.A.): Offered in partnership with Mount Royal University, this program prepares students to become elementary teachers or educational administrators.
- Built Environment Engineering: This program provides students with the skills to solve problems when they consider the intersection of our built environment and the natural environment.
- Art and Design (B.A.): Students are introduced to the fundamentals of painting, drawing, sculpture and design. They also learn to combine fine art, design and digital technology to work in communications.
- Business Administration
- University Transfer: Nursing
- University Transfer: Education
- Criminal Justice Diploma
- University Transfer: Arts