It began a century ago as a private college, growing to serve its region for decades as a community college. Today, Mount Royal University offers undergraduate degrees, diplomas and certiﬁcate programs through five faculties. The school’s strength lies in its emphasis on small class sizes, unique programs and applied learning, all legacies from its college days.
“Mount Royal’s focus on students means you are part of a welcoming community where professors know your name and you can get hands-on experience with research, community service, social innovation, field projects and work placements,” says president Tim Rahilly.
The school is known for its comprehensive programs in business, communications, nursing and public relations. It is also home to some unique research centres, including the Institute for Community Prosperity, the Centre for Child Well-Being and the Institute for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. The new CN Supply Chain Analytics Lab provides business students with the opportunity to work on the Refinitiv Eikon data platform that accesses the inner workings of companies around the world in real time. Mount Royal is a leader in community-service learning: students provide more than 300,000 hours of service with 500 organizations each year.
The campus is a short drive from downtown Calgary. Facilities include professional broadcast studios, an aviation simulator and an award-winning eco-building, the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning. The Riddell Library and Learning Centre features treadmill desks, soundproof digital project rooms and a 360-degree data visualization studio.
• Health and Physical Education: Students can choose to major in athletic therapy, ecotourism and outdoor leadership, physical literacy or sport and recreation management.
• Computer Information Systems: Focusing on practical application, students gain technical understanding as well as solid business acumen in software development, systems analysis and project management.
• Interior Design: Students learn to create environments that shape how we live, work, play and learn. They focus on theories of design, building systems and the application of technology. Mandatory paid internship gives students industry experience.
• Puzzling Adventures in Math: This course examines everything from secret codes to parallel algorithms through math puzzles.
• Universe-Shaking Ideas: An introduction to prominent discoveries in physics gives students an understanding of fundamental ideas of the universe.
$6,576 (includes compulsory ancillary fees)
Minimum Entering Grades
Arts: 65% · Science: 65% · Business: 76.5%
Undergraduates: Full-time: 9,896 · Part-time: 1,290
International Students: First-year: 5.5%
Male-Female Ratio: 38 to 62
Residence Spaces: 1,013 (approx. 709 reserved for first-year students)
Residence Costs: Apartment-style: $5,932 to $8,380