NorQuest College places a high value on inclusivity and diversity: learners come from more than 110 countries, and over 78 languages are spoken on campus. The college consults with industry, business and public sector leaders to develop its diploma and certiﬁcate programs in health, community studies, business, technology, hospitality and much more. NorQuest also offers professional development training and preparatory classes for adult students.
The college’s campus is located in downtown Edmonton and includes one of the largest health-care aide programs, as well as one of the largest practical nursing programs, in the country. Students may apply their learning at the Olson Centre for Health Simulation in Edmonton, where they rehearse treatment scenarios in simulated clinical practice environments.
Applied research at NorQuest focuses on community and social innovation in fields such as health and business. The school’s Colbourne Institute for Inclusive Leadership is recognized regionally and nationally as a leader in integrated, intercultural applied research, education resource development and customized training solutions.
The Alberta government funds Foundations of Cooking, a non-credit course taught by industry professionals that prepares students for a successful start as an entry-level cook and includes a module dedicated to Indigenous Canadian cooking.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-graduate)||Residence Offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$5,020-$8,320||$4,366-$7,322||$5,615-$8,065||No|
- Energy Management: Students approach the energy industry from a professional angle, examining innovation and technology, as well as supply chain management, emissions planning and more.
- Hemp Farming (non-credit): Students with farming experience develop skills in growing hemp for the first time, while those with hemp-farming expertise learn to accommodate different business models and uses.
- Machine Learning Analyst Diploma: This program assists students’ entry into the professional fields of AI and machine learning.
- Practical Nursing
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
- Academic Upgrading
- Business Administration
- Early Learning and Child Care—Diploma