NorQuest College places a high value on inclusivity and diversity. More than 60 per cent of its students are born outside Canada, and more than 100 languages are spoken on campus. The college consults with industry, business and public sector leaders to develop its diploma and certiﬁcate programs in health, community studies and business. NorQuest also offers professional development training and preparatory classes for adult students.
The college has campuses in the Edmonton area along with regional campuses in Drayton Valley, Fort Saskatchewan, Whitecourt and Wetaskiwin.
NorQuest has the largest health care aide program and one of the largest practical nurse programs in the country. Students have the opportunity to apply their learning at the Interdisciplinary Simulation Centre in Edmonton, where they rehearse treatment scenarios in simulated clinical practice environments. Students in regional and off-campus locations can also benefit from simulation technology with the help of “Stan in a Van,” a mobile simulation unit.
Applied research at NorQuest focuses on community and social innovation in fields like health and business. The school’s Colbourne Institute for Inclusive Leadership is recognized regionally and nationally as a leader in integrated, intercultural applied research, education resource development and customized training solutions.
|Size of school||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-graduate)||Residence Offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$4,256-$8,360||$3,234-$6,815||$5,067-$6,893||No|
- Settlement Studies: Students develop the skills that human service professionals need to work effectively with newcomers to Canada.
- Environmental Protection Technology: This program prepares students for technical work in the environmental sector. Environmental protection technologists help protect and sustain the long-term health of our ecosystems.
- Hospitality: Alberta’s hospitality industry has expanded rapidly in recent years, creating a demand for skilled workers. The specialization in rooms management offers training in running a hotel’s front office or housekeeping operations.
- Practical Nurse
- Health Care Aide
- Business Administration
- Administrative Professional
- Early Learning and Child Care