The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a hotbed of industry-driven research. Its main campus is centrally located in Edmonton. The heart of the campus—and NAIT’s largest building—is the Centre for Applied Technology, a 555,000-sq.-foot behemoth housing some of the most advanced simulation labs in the country. The 45 labs are used to approximate everything from an ambulance to an operating room to a dental office. Business students can take advantage of spaces that replicate a stock trading ﬂoor and a bank branch. Opened in 2016, the centre also boasts classrooms, lecture halls, restaurants, 11 student lounges, study spaces and an outdoor quad complete with an event stage.
In the fall of 2018, NAIT opened the 190,000-sq.-foot Productivity and Innovation Centre. The site serves as an industry-led hub for research and development. The centre houses NAIT’s Centre for Oil Sands Sustainability, the Centre for Sensors and System Integration, and other facilities that focus on construction water technologies, distributed energy and more.
With more than 40,000 students, NAIT offers more than 120 programs that lead to degrees, diplomas and certificates. As a polytechnical college, NAIT provides hands-on, skills-based, technology-focused education. Through the Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre, Indigenous students at NAIT have access to a wide network of support services, including Elders.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$4,152-$4,462||$3,880-$4,638||$4,030-$4,638||No|
- Bachelor of Technology: Students develop the critical thinking and management skills needed to flourish as technologists and face the current challenges in the tech industry.
- Advanced Care Paramedic: Students learn how to become efficient first responders for medical emergencies in NAIT’s Simulation Centre, a 7,000-sq.-foot facility.
- Nanotechnology Systems: Students learn how to create and assess nanomaterial devices and tools and to manipulate equipment used by nanotech researchers and manufacturers.
- Business Administration (Diploma)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Digital Media and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology
- Personal Fitness Trainer