Serving the beautiful Okanagan, Shuswap and Similkameen valleys, Okanagan College is one of the largest colleges in B.C. The school boasts campuses in Salmon Arm, Vernon, Penticton and Kelowna. It delivers more than 130 programs to almost 9,000 students, with roughly 15 per cent drawn from outside of Canada.
The college offers a variety of university transfer, health, engineering technologies, trades, vocational, adult basic education and continuing studies programs. It also provides two baccalaureate degrees: business administration and computer information systems. Okanagan College has one of the best pass rates in the country for the Red Seal program, which assesses apprentices.
One of the college’s unique programs is a two-year water engineering technology diploma program, blending chemical and civil engineering technology with water-focused environmental studies. Students wishing to pursue a science degree can get credit for their studies at a number of universities. Diploma programs added in recent years include sustainable construction management technologies and animation.
The Penticton campus is home to a growing suite of wine- and grape-focused programs, with many alumni of these programs working in the region’s wine industry. The school is currently conducting applied research into generational differences in the approach to wine purchases.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$4,303||$4,177||$2,458||$3,507-$5,406||Yes|
• Human Service Work: A two-year diploma program for students interested in serving as support workers for young people, children or individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Pastry Art: A certificate program focused on the skills required to become a professional baker, with a focus on the farm-to-table opportunities afforded by the Okanagan region.
• Commercial Aviation: This diploma program divides into two distinct portions—flight training and business studies.
• Adult academic and career preparation
• Associate of Arts
• Business Administration diploma
• Bachelor of Business administration
• Associate of Science degree