Parkland College’s main campus is in Yorkton, Sask. It is not far from two ski hills at Mission Ridge and Asessippi as well as Good Spirit and Madge lakes which provide opportunities for fishing and boating. The college also has campuses in Canora, Esterhazy, Fort Qu’Appelle and Melville. In Kamsack, a training centre was recently moved into a new 4,200-sq.-foot facility.
Programs at Parkland include diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, adult basic education and university transfer. Students can study agriculture, kinesiology, police studies and more. Parkland is also the only college in Saskatchewan to offer a full-time firefighting program. Its 29,000-sq.-foot Trades and Technology Centre includes a trades shop, a power engineering lab, a welding and fabrication shop, and six customizable classrooms.
University transfer programs at Parkland, where students take their first year of almost any degree in a small-class setting and then transfer to university, have seen a steady increase in enrolment in recent years. Alternatively, students can complete their full degree at Parkland in areas such as nursing, education and social work.
Parkland is one of seven regional colleges in Saskatchewan that provides courses created by other educational providers in the province. It also recently entered into a shared leadership arrangement with its neighbour, Cumberland College.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$5,000-$8,000||$5,000- $10,000||$3,500-$8,000||$18,500||No|
- Professional Firefighting: Up to 24 students receive classroom instruction and hands-on firefighting training at the Emergency Services Training Site in Melville.
- Practical Nursing: This two-year diploma program consists of classroom instruction and a variety of clinical training placements.
- Global Business Management: This post-graduate certificate program offered to international students provides an internationally focused body of knowledge and skills for the world of business.
- Business and Office Administration
- Global Business Management Post-Graduate Certificate
- Continuing Care Assistant
- Industrial Mechanics (Millwright)