Parkland College’s main campus is in Yorkton, Sask. It is not far from two ski hills at Mission Ridge and Asessippi. Good Spirit and Madge lakes, which are also nearby, provide opportunities for fishing and boating. The college has campuses in Canora, Esterhazy, Fort Qu’Appelle and Melville. A new 4,200-sq.-foot campus in Kamsack opened in 2017.
Programs at Parkland include diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, adult basic education and university transfer. Students can study agriculture, kinesiology, police studies and more. Parkland is also the only college in Saskatchewan to offer a full-time firefighting program. Its 29,000-sq.-foot Trades and Technology Centre includes a trades shop, a power engineering lab, a welding and fabrication shop, and six classrooms that can be customized.
University transfer programs at Parkland, where students take their first year of almost any degree in a small-class setting and then transfer to university, are popular. They serve approximately 300 students a year. But students may also complete their full degree at Parkland in areas such as nursing, education and social work.
Parkland is one of seven regional colleges in Saskatchewan that provide courses created by other educational providers in the province. It also recently entered into a shared leadership arrangement with its neighbour, Cumberland College.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$5,000-$8,000||$5,000- $10,000||$3,500-$8,000||$18,500||No|
- Professional Firefighting: Up to 24 students receive classroom instruction and hands-on firefighting training at the Emergency Services Training Site in Melville.
- Bachelor of Indigenous Education: Delivered through a partnership with the First Nations University of Canada, this program emphasizes Indigenous content and processes. It includes school-based teaching experience every semester.
- Global Business Management: This post-graduate certificate program for international students provides internationally focused knowledge and skills for the world of business.
- Business/Office Administration
- Global Business Management Post-graduate Certificate
- Practical Nursing
- Continuing Care Assistant