Red Deer College (RDC) is on its way to becoming the newest university in central Alberta, which will allow students to complete more programs without moving to other cities. Several degree options will soon be added to the mix of certificates, diplomas and apprenticeships already on offer. As the college’s programming expands, so does its list of facilities. RDC has recently opened three additional buildings on its main campus.
The Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre opened in 2018 and includes classrooms, modern fitness facilities, an Olympic-sized ice rink and a multi-sport gymnasium that meets international standards for elite sport competitions. The new Red Deer College Residence had its grand opening in May and features individual studio suites and lounge areas throughout the bright, modern building.
In February 2019, RDC opened the Alternative Energy Lab as part of the college’s larger alternative energy initiative. The lab is outfitted with learning and research facilities, including technology that replicates and simulates full-size alternative energy systems for teaching purposes.
Red Deer College hopes to become Canada’s first carbon-neutral campus in the next five years. The school has more than 4,000 solar panels installed on its main campus buildings and uses other innovative technologies, such as converting organic waste into biomass energy on-site.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-graduate)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$5,828-$9,377||$4,579- $6,315||$2,836-$5,150||$4,555-$6,404||Yes|
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Animation and Visual Effects: Students bring their art to life through animation and visual effects, learning processes and technical skills on industry-relevant animation software.
- Locksmith Apprenticeship: Learn to install, adjust and repair a variety of locks, make keys and change lock combinations in this one-of-a-kind program.
- Pre-Health Sciences: Students explore a variety of health care roles and build a strong knowledge base as they identify which health-related career they wish to pursue.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Business Administration (Diploma)
- Bachelor of Education—Elementary
- Bachelor of Science