Red River College Polytechnic (RRC Polytech) is Manitoba’s largest institute of applied learning. It has eight campuses across the province, more than 22,000 students each year and more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs. RRC also offers microcredential courses. In Winnipeg, the college operates a student residence, which has single- and double-room suites.
RRC has diverse industry partnerships and many specialized research and training facilities. Manitou a bi Bii daziigae, the first RRC building to receive an Indigenous name, opened in Winnipeg’s historic Exchange District in the fall of 2021. The new building houses RRC’s business and creative arts programs. Equipped with three digital teaching studios, the centre provides learners in rural communities with increased access to campus while they learn from home, and will enable Indigenous entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
RRC’s culinary and hospitality school, the Paterson GlobalFoods Institute in Winnipeg, is home to the college’s Technology Access Centre in Culinary Research. The centre conducts research and development for food manufacturing and services businesses. In 2018, RRC opened the Skilled Trades and Technology Centre at the school’s Notre Dame campus; this centre provides training space for students in high-demand occupations such as carpentry and sheet metal. The centre’s lab space supports innovation in sectors including robotics, automation, pneumatics and computer-aided design.
• Introduction to Electric Vehicle Technology: This course prepares technicians with in-depth training relating to electric vehicle systems and diagnostics.
• Game Development: This program offers diplomas in both game programming and design. Students learn to work in a collaborative, high-demand industry.
• Pathway to Business, Creative Communications and Digital Technology: Indigenous students receive supports for their transition into RRC programs. These pathway programs prepare students to enter fields such as business, journalism, marketing and hospitality.
• Business Administration
• Business Information Technology
• Civil Engineering Technology
• Business Technology Management
• Degree: $5,767-$7,547
• Diploma: $3,192-$15,687
• Certificate: $3,019-$11,175
• Post-Grad: $6,259-$11,914