Red River College (RRC) is Manitoba’s largest institute of applied learning. It has eight campuses across the province, more than 22,000 students each year and more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs. RRC also offers microcredential courses. In Winnipeg, the college operates a student residence, which has single- and double-room suites.
RRC boasts diverse industry partnerships and many specialized research and training facilities. The new Innovation Centre in Winnipeg’s historic Exchange District will open to students in the fall of 2021 and will house RRC’s business and creative arts programs. Equipped with three digital teaching studios, the centre will offer learners in rural communities increased access to campus while they learn from home, and will enable Indigenous entrepreneurship and social enterprise. RRC’s culinary and hospitality school, the Paterson GlobalFoods Institute in Winnipeg, is home to the college’s Technology Access Centre in Culinary Research, which provides research and development for food manufacturing and services businesses. In 2018, the college opened a 100,000-sq.-foot Skilled Trades and Technology Centre at the Notre Dame campus; this centre provides training space for students in high-demand occupations such as carpentry and sheet metal. The centre’s lab space supports innovation in industrial sectors including robotics, automation, pneumatics and computer-aided design.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,838-$8,435||$4,155-$10,815||$2,875-$10,935||$5,959-$11,590||Yes|
- Culinary Arts: Students study in a fully functional kitchen and research facility, where they learn how to create delicious dishes, work with the food service industry and create commercial products.
- Game Development: Offered diplomas in both game programming and design, students learn to work in this collaborative, high-demand entertainment industry.
- ASL English Interpretation: This two-year program allows students to provide equal access for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals.
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Business Technology Management