Red River College (RRC) is Manitoba’s largest institute of applied learning, with nine campuses—four in Winnipeg, five in rural Manitoba—and more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs. The college operates a student residence in Winnipeg, with a combination of single- and double-room suites.
RRC boasts diverse industry partnerships and many specialized research and training facilities—and a number of new ones under development. Construction is underway for an Innovation Centre in Winnipeg’s historic Exchange District. The centre, slated for completion in 2020, will house RRC’s business and creative arts programs and provide space for collaboration between students, instructors, researchers, industry and community members. It will also enable Indigenous entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
RRC’s culinary and hospitality school, the Paterson GlobalFoods Institute, is also in Winnipeg. The institute is home to the college’s Technology Access Centre (TAC) in Culinary Research, which provides culinary-focused research and development for food manufacturing and services businesses.
In 2018, the college opened a 100,000-sq.-foot Skilled Trades and Technology Centre at the Notre Dame campus, with training space for high-demand occupations like carpentry and sheet metal. The centre’s lab space supports innovation in various industrial sectors, including robotics, automation, pneumatics and computer-aided design.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,279-$7,753||$3,983-$9,509||$2,578-$11,465||$5,239-$16,420||Yes|
- Information Security: This program gives students the theory and experience required to analyze, evaluate, manage and respond to today’s complex information security issues.
- Indigenous Language: A one-year certificate with an emphasis on learning to read, write and speak Ojibwe or Cree. Students will be prepared to teach in schools or community programs.
- Science Laboratory Technology: This program prepares students who want to work as a laboratory technologist in an industrial, government or commercial laboratory.
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology