Red River College is Manitoba’s largest institute of applied learning with nine campuses—four in Winnipeg, five in rural Manitoba—and more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs. The college operates a student residence in Winnipeg, with a combination of single- and double-room suites.
RRC boasts diverse industry partnerships and many specialized research and training facilities, including a number of new facilities currently under development. In the autumn of 2018, the college will open a 100,000-sq.-foot Skilled Trades and Technology Centre with training space for high-demand occupations like carpentry, sheet metal and others. The centre’s laboratory space will support innovation in various industrial sectors, including robotics, automation, pneumatics and computer-aided design.
RRC also plans to open a climatic chamber and extreme-weather testing facility for the heavy vehicle manufacturing centre called MotiveLab in the fall of 2018. Meanwhile, the Culinary Institute will soon have a dedicated research centre featuring a food analysis lab, kitchens, space for student research, and a food-styling photo lab. In total, the school operates six applied research centres with a goal of working with industry to solve real-world problems.
Five new programs for Indigenous students are set to open that same autumn, including a social enterprise diploma program and Indigenous culinary skills certificate.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$7,214||$4,725||$4,990||$6,847||Yes|
• Indigenous Language: A one-year certificate with an emphasis on learning to read, write and speak the Ojibwe language. Students will be prepared to teach in schools or community programs.
• Property and Casualty Insurance: Students in this six-month certificate program prepare to work in the insurance brokerage, claim adjusting and underwriting environments.
• Architectural Technology: A two-year diploma emphasizing current building and design techniques. Students learn building science, standards, and project management.
• Business Administration
• Business Information Technology
• Electrical Engineering Technology
• Civil Engineering Technology