The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) is Canada’s first publicly funded polytechnic and Calgary’s oldest post-secondary institution, founded in 1916. It offers more than 100 career programs and more than 1,300 part-time courses.
Its main campus is near downtown Calgary, and there are five other smaller campuses spread throughout the city. Students can opt to live in one of two modern high-rise residences located at the northeast corner of the main campus. They feature amenities such as recreation and study spaces, on-site laundry, shared studio art space and around-the-clock security.
In March 2019, SAIT announced a new, two-year diploma program in integrated water management. Students develop the knowledge and skills necessary to address global water issues; they prepare for work in industries such as energy and agriculture, and the government and non-profit sectors.
SAIT is a skills-intensive, technology-based institute. It has close industry ties, emphasizes solution-focused research and innovation, and offers four-year bachelor’s degrees. Some SAIT graduates will receive their credentials via blockchain technology, which creates a tamper-free digital signature and allows graduates to share their accomplishments with potential employers in a completely secure way.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology: Students develop the skills and knowledge to become successful aircraft maintenance engineers and obtain the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer “M” (AME) licence.
- Automotive Service Technology: Students learn to perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance, and to become highly skilled technicians and business owners.
- Accounting Oil and Gas Production: Students prepare to become oil and gas production accountants. The program includes courses on finance, petroleum products and government regulations.
- Business Administration (Diploma)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Academic Upgrading
- English Language Foundations