Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers hands-on programming aimed at providing graduates with marketable job skills. Approximately two-thirds of its programs incorporate a work-integrated learning component, through which students apply their skills at a Saskatchewan business. The school has four urban campuses—in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon—as well as a distance education program. Serving Saskatchewan’s economic and community needs, the school focuses its applied research efforts on urban development, the environment and natural resources, health education and information technology.
Programs are organized according to the “schools model.” Economic sector schools reflect parts of the provincial economy, such as construction and information technology, while public sector schools focus on services needed to support the economy, such as health sciences and human services.
Student residences are available at the Prince Albert campus (two-bedroom townhouses designed for families) and in Regina (furnished rooms and an all-you-can-eat meal plan).
The Hannin Creek Education and Applied Research Centre on the shores of Candle Lake is used for outdoor education and boreal forest research.
The polytechnic has an Indigenous student success strategy: students can meet with advisers and Elders, relax and study in activity centres and take a summer transition program to get accustomed to student life.
• Agriculture and Food Production: A new offering in 2022, this diploma program prepares students for careers in farm operations, agriculture consulting, equipment dealerships and commercial agriculture operations.
• Indigenous Leadership Skills: Students explore Indigenous approaches to maintaining resiliency and building leadership. Course materials and teaching methods align with Indigenous values.
• Innovative Manufacturing: This program offers skills-based training in areas of the manufacturing industry that include welding, 3D printing and project management.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Early Childhood Education
• Continuing Care Assistant
• Practical Nursing
• Diploma: $4,554-$25,583
• Certificate: $5,227-$10,722
• Post-Grad: $9,321-$11,969