Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers hands-on programming aimed at providing graduates with marketable job skills. About 70 per cent of its programs incorporate a work-integrated learning component; students apply their skills at a Saskatchewan business. It has four urban campuses—in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon—as well as a distance education program. Serving Saskatchewan’s economic and community needs, the school focuses its applied research efforts on urban development, the environment and natural resources, health education and information technology.
Programs are organized according to the “schools model.” Economic sector schools reflect parts of the provincial economy, such as construction and information technology, while public sector schools focus on services needed to support the economy, such as health sciences and human services.
Residences are available at the Prince Albert campus (two-bedroom townhouses designed for families) and in Regina (furnished rooms and an all-you-can-eat meal plan).
The Hannin Creek Education and Applied Research Centre on the shores of Candle Lake is used for outdoor education and boreal forest research.
The polytechnic has an Indigenous Student Success Strategy: students can meet with advisers and Elders, relax and study in activity centres, and take a summer transition program to acclimatize to being a student.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$3,771-$8,784||$4,662- $8,562||$2,684-$13,000||$16,427-$19,624||Yes|
- Innovative Manufacturing: This program offers a range of skills-based training in all aspects of the manufacturing industry, including welding, 3D printing and project management.
- Bachelor of Applied Management: This program offers the opportunity to earn an after-diploma degree with an additional two years of study.
- Auto Body Technician: The school’s auto body training shops have received the I-CAR Gold Class certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Continuing Care Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Office Administration