Sault College is in the city of Sault Ste. Marie, in the middle of three Great Lakes. In this setting, students in the natural environment programs attend a field camp at the beginning of their semester. They have direct access to the lakes, as well as northern boreal forests.
The college offers certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates, and is the largest deliverer of block apprenticeship training in northern Ontario. Its programs include general arts and science, continuing education, business, culinary and hospitality training, natural environment and outdoor studies, engineering technology and aviation.
The Institute of Environment, Education and Entrepreneurship (iE3) includes information-technology-equipped classrooms, environmental studies laboratories and collaborative spaces for students to connect with research partners.
Sault’s aviation program for commercial pilot training has 12 Zlin and three Piper Seminole airplanes in a hangar near the campus and six state-of-the-art flight simulators. It recently renovated its student training facilities to upgrade areas where students wait for flights and receive briefings.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$7,164-$8,300||$3,765-$10,271||$3,765-$3,833||$4,142-$5,770||Yes|
- Engineering—Mechatronics: This program is offered in partnership with Humber College; students can study at either campus and focus on robotics or embedded systems.
- Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Students can finish this four-year bachelor program, offered in partnership with Laurentian University, at Sault.
- Global Business Management: Apply knowledge in marketing, sales, finance and human resources to international businesses in this graduate certificate program.
- Aviation Technology—Flight
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Global Business Management