Sault College is in the city of Sault Ste. Marie, in the middle of three Great Lakes, including Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake by surface area in the world. In this setting, students in natural environment programs attend a field camp at the beginning of their semester with direct access to both the Great Lakes—St. Lawrence forest and the boreal forest to the north.
The college offers certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates and is the largest deliverer of apprenticeship training in northern Ontario. Among its many programs are general arts and science, continuing education, business, culinary and hospitality, natural environment and outdoor services, engineering technology and aviation.
The Institute of Environment, Education and Entrepreneurship (iE3) helps businesses and entrepreneurs create clean technologies and commercialize new products and services. The institute is an interdisciplinary initiative supported by the natural environment program and the information and communications technology program.
Sault’s aviation program for commercial pilot training has nine Zlin and two Piper Seminole airplanes in a hangar near the campus and state-of-the-art flight simulators.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$7,134||$3,735-$10,183||$3,735||$4,113-$7,164||Yes|
- Robotics and Advanced Automation: Students gain knowledge and skills used in industries such as manufacturing, food packaging, medicine and aerospace. A new laboratory features the latest robotics equipment in a simulated manufacturing environment.
- Police Foundations: This program offers hands-on experience with fully immersive interactive simulators.
- Adventure Recreation and Parks Technician: Students in this diploma program visit park systems and outdoor recreational facilities in the Lake Superior region.
- Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Aviation Technology—Flight
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Police Foundations