The hallways at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology are lined with contemporary Canadian art, part of a collection of more than 200 pieces acquired since the college’s early days in the 1970s. Seneca is now Canada’s largest college, with 30,000 full-time students spread across several campuses in the Greater Toronto Area.
Seneca’s size is a good indicator of its program diversity. It offers 300 full-time, part-time and online programs, including 18 degrees and 40 graduate certificates. The college is also collaborating with KUKA Canada, a leader in advanced manufacturing and intelligent automation. KUKA is providing equipment for a new robotics lab, set to open at the Centre for Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship later in 2019.
Suite-style residences at the Newnham and King campuses house 1,100 and 230 students, respectively. The college’s First Peoples@Seneca office supports Indigenous students with counselling, financial aid, social gatherings, access to an Elder and opportunities to engage in traditional ceremonies.
Aspiring athletes take note: the Seneca Sting is one of the most successful athletic programs in the history of the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association, with 496 medals since 1967 and 14 national championships. Seneca’s Newnham campus is equipped with a seasonal dome and multi-purpose artificial turf field, full-size ice rink, triple gymnasium and two beach volleyball courts.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$6,016-$11,481||$3,041-$6,598||$3,041-$7,076||$3,041-$10,896||Yes|
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis: Ontario’s first post-secondary crime and intelligence degree focuses on analytical techniques and technologies.
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology—Automation: With an emphasis on automation and robotics, this three-year diploma trains students through a blend of electronics and mechanical engineering.
- Cannabis Regulation and Quality Assurance: This new program will help develop the knowledge and expertise needed to grade and maintain product quality in a highly regulated industry.
- Early Childhood Education
- Practical Nursing
- Social Service Worker
- Flight Services
- Computer Program and Analysis