Sheridan College has long been considered one of the best animation schools in the world. It regularly sends graduates to high-profile companies like Pixar, DreamWorks and Nelvana. Alumni have won Academy Awards, including Domee Shi, who won the 2019 Oscar for Best Animated Short for her directorial debut Bao.
Beyond animation, Sheridan offers a diverse range of programs leading to degrees, diplomas and certificates, as well as trades and apprenticeship training, and continuing education classes. It has three campuses in Brampton, Oakville and Mississauga. Suite-style student residences are available at the Trafalgar campus in Oakville and the Davis campus in Brampton.
Applied research at Sheridan benefits from a number of specialized facilities. Students can work on mobile computing and wearable devices with a focus on health care innovation at the Centre for Mobile Innovation, or team up with manufacturing partners to develop technology-driven solutions for the industry at the Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies.
Sheridan has other research hubs, including the first incubator in the country for new musicals, the Canadian Music Theatre Project; the Screen Industries and Research and Training Centre at Pinewood Studios in downtown Toronto, which specializes in innovative technologies for film and television; and the Sheridan Centre for Elder Research.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$5,320-$7,678||$2,700-$3,376||$2,488-$2,700||$4,378-$12,352||Yes|
- Creative Writing and Publishing: The only degree program in Canada that fuses creative writing and publishing.
- Information Systems Security: The first degree program of its kind in Canada, this program starts with computer science principles and then covers network security, penetration testing and incident detection.
- Game Design: This degree program incorporates material from multiple disciplines including level design, 2D and 3D art and animation, programming and technology, and professional development and project management.
- Applied Computing
- Early Childhood Education
- Mechanical Engineering Technician and Technology
- Social Service Worker