Sheridan College has long been considered one of the best animation schools in the world. It regularly sends graduates to high-profile companies such as Pixar, DreamWorks and Nelvana. Alumni have won Academy Awards, including Domee Shi, who won the 2019 Oscar for Best Animated Short for her directorial debut Bao. Beyond animation, Sheridan offers a diverse range of programs that lead to degrees, diplomas and certificates, as well as trades and apprenticeship training, and continuing education classes. Among its degree programs are an honours bachelor of applied information sciences and a bachelor of creative writing and publishing. The college has three campuses: in Brampton, Oakville and Mississauga. Suite-style student residences are available at the Oakville and Brampton campuses.
Applied research at Sheridan benefits from specialized facilities. Students can work on mobile computing and wearable devices while focusing on health-care innovation at the Centre for Mobile Innovation, or they can team up with manufacturing partners to develop technology-driven solutions for the industry at the Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies.
Sheridan has other research hubs, including the Canadian Music Theatre Project, the first incubator in Canada for new musicals; the Screen Industries Research and Training Centre at Pinewood Toronto Studios, which specializes in innovative technologies for film and television; and the Centre for Elder Research.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Large (10,000 full-time students or more)||$5,320-$7,678||$2,488-$3,136||$2,488-$2,700||$4,168-$10,816 |||Yes|
- Electrical Engineering: Half of class time is spent working in labs, where students use the systems they build to create user-friendly solutions.
- Animation: Students in this degree program use professional animation techniques and tools to produce their own stories, characters and films.
- Creative Industries Management: This eight-month graduate certificate covers the creative and business aspects of working in the arts, including management, financing and marketing.
- Interaction Design: Students learn 2D and 3D design, programming, computing and entrepreneurship skills.
- Early Childhood Education
- Social Service Worker
- Computer Systems Technology— Software Development and Network Engineering
- General Arts and Science (One Year)