St. Clair College has enjoyed substantial growth in international enrolment in recent years. Students from around the globe now account for approximately 40 per cent of the school’s almost 13,000 full-time attendees at its five campuses in Windsor and Chatham.
The college specializes in health sciences and community studies, engineering technology and skilled trades, as well as media art and design. Business and IT programs are popular as well. The college’s Zekelman School of Business and Information Technology was recently built in downtown Windsor.
As one of the province’s largest post-secondary institutions for health sciences students, St. Clair provides state-of-the-art technology in its Centre for Applied Health Sciences. This 100,000-sq.-foot facility is designed to simulate a real hospital environment; the centre has specialized labs for ultrasound, cardiovascular and respiratory therapy, along with simulated patient-care suites, a complete dental clinic and a simulated pharmacy.
At its campus in south Windsor, construction has begun on a 110,000-sq.-foot residence building and a sports park. The park will include a softball diamond, soccer field and indoor tennis courts. In 2019, St. Clair launched its first degree program: an honours bachelor in social justice and legal studies. A degree in business administration (information and communication technology) will be offered in 2021.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Small (fewer than 2,000 full-time students)||$5,800||$2,723||$2,723||$2,723||Yes|
- Social Justice and Legal Studies: This program covers foundational knowledge in social change: poverty law, social justice and community capacity-building.
- Border Services: This program teaches the procedures and documents needed to move people across the border, and communication and dispute-resolution skills.
- Biomedical Engineering Technology: Students learn to blend engineering principles with health-care concepts.
- International Business Management—Logistics Systems
- Computer Systems Technician—Networking
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees