Students at St. Lawrence College (SLC) enjoy the conveniences of small-city living at the school’s three campuses in Kingston, Brockville and Cornwall, while being just a few hours’ drive from bigger cities such as Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. SLC offers more than 100 full-time programs, including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeships, graduate certificates and degree programs, in areas that include autism and behavioural science, mental wellness and addictions, and tourism.
The college offers its students many ways to get involved on campus. In addition to joining student government, clubs and athletic teams, students have the opportunity to expand their learning and gain real-world experience through Enactus SLC, a group that tackles community issues through entrepreneurial action. Students also operate Spark, a creative production house that puts together high-quality marketing plans and promotional videos for paying clients.
In 2018, SLC completed the largest expansion in its history. The new Student Life and Innovation Centre on the Kingston campus provides students with space for studying and socializing while offering services geared to their health and wellness. The campus’s other new amenities include fitness facilities, a double gym, private study rooms, a licenced pub, an Indigenous centre and dedicated, state-of-the-art learning spaces for the music and digital media program.
• Wind Turbine Technician: This two-year diploma focuses on the electrical and mechanical aspects of wind turbines. Students also learn fibreglass repair techniques and take multiple field trips to wind farms.
• Behavioural Psychology: This degree program includes 1,000 hours of a supervised placement in three community settings. Students practice clinical skills and study at the Centre for Behavioural Studies on SLC’s Kingston campus.
• User Experience Design: Students help organizations meet customers’ needs, developing skills in research, visualization, business analysis, project management and information architecture.
• Bachelor of Science—Nursing
• Practical Nursing
• Social Service Worker
• Police Foundation
• Computer Programming and Analysis
• Degree: $6,948-$7,745
• Diploma: $3,269-$6,639
• Certificate: $3,586-$10,588
• Post-Grad: $3,586-$9,071