St. Lawrence College (SLC) students enjoy the conveniences of small-city living, thanks to three campuses in Kingston, Brockville and Cornwall, while being just a few hours’ drive from Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. SLC offers more than 100 full-time programs, including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeships, graduate certificates and degree programs, in areas as diverse as autism and behavioural science, mental wellness and addictions, and tourism.
The college offers students many ways to get involved. In addition to joining student government, clubs and athletics, they can expand their learning and gain real-world experience through Enactus SLC, a team that tackles community issues through entrepreneurial action. Students also operate Spark, a creative production house that puts together high-quality marketing plans and promotional videos for paying clients.
In 2018, SLC completed the largest expansion in its history. The new Student Life and Innovation Centre on the Kingston campus offers space for studying, socializing, and health and wellness. New amenities include fitness facilities, a double gym, private study rooms, a licensed pub, an Indigenous centre and dedicated state-of-the-art learning spaces for both the music, digital media and fitness and health promotion programs.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$6,523-$8,223||$1,482- $11,188||$1,482-$4,462||$3,094-$8,223||Yes|
- Therapeutic Recreation: Students prepare for work in health, recreation or social services. A course in small business development supports those who aspire
to open a private practice.
- Mental Wellness and Addictions Worker: Students train to apply holistic, client-centred care in the health-care and social services sectors.
- User Experience Design: Students learn to conduct user research and create documents to help organizations develop more user-friendly products and services.
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Social Service Worker