St. Lawrence College (SLC) students enjoy the conveniences of small-city living, thanks to three campuses in Kingston, Brockville and Cornwall while just a few hours’ drive from Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto.
SLC offers more than 100 full-time programs, including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeships, graduate certificates and degree programs, in areas as diverse as autism and behavioural science, home inspection and tourism.
The college gives students many ways to get involved. In addition to student government, clubs and athletics, they can expand their learning and gain real-world experience through Enactus SLC, a team that aims to tackle community issues through entrepreneurial action. Students also operate Spark, a creative production house that produces high-quality products such as marketing plans and promotional videos for paying clients.
In 2018, SLC completed the largest expansion in its history. The new Student Life and Innovation Centre on the Kingston campus offers space for studying, socializing, and health and wellness. New amenities include fitness facilities, a double gym, private study rooms, a licensed pub, an Indigenous centre and dedicated, state-of-the-art learning spaces for both the music and digital media and fitness and health promotion programs.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$6,523-$8,223||$1,482- $11,188||$1,482-$4,462||$3,094-$8,223||Yes|
- Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Psychology: This program provides 1,000 hours of supervised placement in three different settings. Students learn theory and research, and practise clinical skills.
- Music and Digital Media: In this program, the only one of its kind in Canada, students study music history and theory in combination with courses in video production and recording.
- Game Programming: Students can explore their passion for gaming and acquire game development skills with a foundation in software design and programming.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Early Childhood Education