Students at St. Lawrence College (known as SLC) enjoy the conveniences of small-city living, thanks to the school’s three campuses in Kingston, Brockville and Cornwall, while being just a few hours’ drive from bigger cities such as Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. SLC offers more than 100 full-time programs, including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeships, graduate certificates and degree programs, in areas that include autism and behavioural science, mental wellness and addictions, and tourism.
The college also offers students many ways to get involved. In addition to joining student government, clubs and athletics, they can expand their learning and gain real-world experience through Enactus SLC, a team that tackles community issues through entrepreneurial action. Students also operate Spark, a creative production house that puts together high-quality marketing plans and promotional videos for paying clients.
In 2018, SLC completed the largest expansion in its history. The new Student Life and Innovation Centre on the Kingston campus provides students with space for studying and socializing while offering services geared to their health and wellness. The campus’s other new amenities include fitness facilities, a double gym, private study rooms, a licenced pub, an Indigenous centre and dedicated, state-of-the-art learning spaces for both the music, digital media and fitness and health promotion programs.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$7,021-$7,666||$3,463-$6,560||$3,500-$10,429||$3,492-$7,184||Yes|
- Music and Digital Media: Students take courses in music theory and composition with entrepreneurship, video production, audio recording and sound design.
- Energy Systems Engineering Technology: A three-year diploma that combines technology and environmentalism prepares students for work as a solar designer, solar installer, energy manager or energy auditor.
- Wind Turbine Technician: In the only program of its kind in Ontario, students gain hands-on experience with the electrical and mechanical aspects of wind turbines and get key safety training too.
- Practical Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Early Childhood Education
- Social Service Worker