The main campus of Thompson Rivers University, in Kamloops, offers spectacular views of the North and South Thompson river valleys. A plan is currently under way to develop the 250-hectare campus into a university village, complete with shopping, dining, residential developments, outdoor meeting spaces and other features.
In addition, TRU has a campus in Williams Lake, along with a number of regional centres in the Nicola Valley, Clearwater, Cariboo, and elsewhere. The school offers 140 programs ranging from trades and technical courses to undergraduate degrees and master’s programs. Small class sizes, undergraduate research opportunities, and a centrally located campus are among the benefits enjoyed by TRU students. TRU is also home to the BC Centre for Open Learning, which gives students a choice of 60 online programs.
In September 2018, TRU will open the 58,000-sq.-foot Industrial Training and Technology Centre, which will house its trade and technology programs. The new school’s Nursing and Population Health Building will welcome students in 2020. In addition, the school recently purchased a six-building rental complex to expand its housing options. When the renovations are completed in 2019, added buildings will offer TRU’s first housing for students with families.
The university’s varsity athletics teams, the WolfPack, compete in basketball, volleyball, curling and other sports.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Tuition (post-grad)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$5,174||$4,374- $7,663||$4,148-$5,174||$5,174||Yes|
• Applied Sustainable Ranching: The Williams Lake campus is home to this unique program, a first of its kind in B.C. Students get hands-on learning experience in the field, living on a ranch or farm as part of their practicum.
• Architectural and Engineering Technology: Students learn the mechanics of building design, from accessing municipal services to planning plumbing and wiring.
• Managing Festivals and Events: Students who have already earned an undergraduate degree can develop specialized knowledge, from marketing to tourism planning.
• Bachelor of Arts
• Business Administration
• Bachelor of Science
• Bachelor of Health Science
• Electrical Apprenticeship