“Our students are welcomed into a problem-solving, entrepreneurial environment where their research, scholarly and artistic efforts have the power to affect real change,” says president Peter Stoicheff.
Built on 750 hectares along the South Saskatchewan River, the campus is known for its beauty. The Gordon Oakes Red Bear Student Centre, designed by renowned architect Douglas Cardinal, is an intercultural gathering place that helps integrate Indigenous culture on campus.
• Food and Bioproduct Sciences: Explore the diverse ways agriculture connects to the food industry—and its growing role in creating non-foods. Students learn about agricultural outputs, the science of food quality and how non-food products can be made into biofuels and bioplastics.
• Interactive Systems Design: Drawing on courses in art, psychology and computer science, students learn the fundamentals of visual communication, human perception and computer programming that are needed to design and build interactive systems and games.
• Regional and Urban Planning: This professional program examines how land, resources and services are used and distributed in urban and regional places. Courses combine technical know-how with the basics of design; students learn about blending community building with environmentalism.
• Weaving Indigenous and Western Science: Explore the ways Indigenous and Western societies understand the world. Includes experiential learning and visits with Elders.
• Global Climate Change: Study how humans predict future climate changes, and the political, economic and direct attempts being made to lessen or adapt to those changes.
$7,232 (includes compulsory ancillary fees)
Minimum Entering Grades
Arts: 70% · Science: 70% · Commerce: 75% ·
Undergraduates: Full-time: 16,771 · Part-time: 1,404
Graduates: Full-time: 2,990 · Part-time: 396
International Students: First-year: 4.6% ·
Male-Female Ratio: 44 to 56
Residence Spaces: 2,264 (400 reserved for first-year students)
Residence Costs: Double room with meals: $9,059
Single room with meals: $10,049 · Apartment-style: $4,592 to $11,168