Those looking to study in a bustling urban setting will feel right at home at Vancouver Community College. Its two main campuses—Downtown and Broadway—are nestled in the heart of Vancouver. On-campus facilities include restaurants, automotive shops and design studios. VCC’s trades students are frequent top performers in provincial, national, and international skills competitions.
VCC is British Columbia’s largest and oldest community college. It offers a comprehensive range of more than 120 programs, including certificates, diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, trades and apprenticeship training, academic upgrading, and continuing education.
At the downtown campus, VCC students hone their skills while offering discounted services to the community. Hair design students run a salon and spa along with their classmates in the skin and body therapy program. Meanwhile, dental assisting program students run a low-cost dental clinic and culinary students cook up gourmet cuisine at JJ’s Restaurant. Meanwhile, transportation trades students operate an auto shop at the Broadway campus, where they offer discount car repairs to staff and students.
VCC’s 15,000 students benefit from the college’s strong commitment to diversity, accessibility, Indigenous reconciliation, and its longstanding connections with local employers and community organizations.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence offerings|
|Mid-sized (2,000 full-time students to fewer than 10,000 full-time students)||$4,552-$7,053||$1,419-$14,586||$2,342-$12,167||No|
• Occupational/Physical Therapist program: Graduates of this two-year program work in hospitals, rehabilitation centres, extended care facilities, clients’ homes and in private practice.
• Automotive Collision and Refinishing: A flexible program designed to shorten the time that apprentices and journeymen alike are required to be absent from work. The model blends an online component with mentorship and face-to-face instruction.
• Fashion Design and Production: A diploma that allows students to experience a fast-paced production process, from design conception to sales.
• Hospitality Management
• Language Instruction for Newcomers
• Adult Basic Education
• University Transfer (Sciences)
• Practical Nursing