Those seeking to study in a bustling city will feel at home at Vancouver Community College (VCC). Its two main campuses—Downtown and Broadway—are nestled in the heart of Vancouver; a third campus is in Delta and houses the school’s heavy mechanical trades facility. VCC’s trades students are frequent top performers in provincial, national and international skills competitions, and VCC’s culinary alumni have competed on Top Chef Canada and Chopped.
VCC offers more than 130 programs, including certificates, diplomas, bachelor degrees, trades and apprenticeship training, academic upgrading and continuing education. At both Vancouver campuses, VCC students hone their skills while offering discounted services to the community. Hairstyling students run a salon and spa with their classmates in the esthetics program. Dental-assisting students run a low-cost dental clinic, and culinary students cook up gourmet cuisine at on-campus restaurants. The school’s annual gala showcases fashion arts, auto restoration, live music and more by students, faculty and alumni. Net proceeds from the event go toward student scholarships and bursaries.
VCC’s 15,400 students benefit from the college’s commitment to diversity, accessibility and Indigenous reconciliation, as well as its long-standing connections with local employers and community organizations.
|Size of school||Tuition (degree)||Tuition (diploma)||Tuition (certificate)||Residence offerings|
- Asian Culinary Arts: Prepares students for entry-level work cooking Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai, Singaporean, Vietnamese and fusion cuisine.
- Gladue Report Writing: Students learn the legal standards for addressing an Indigenous offender’s personal and cultural history before sentencing.
- Electronics Repair Technology: Students learn how to operate, diagnose and repair the latest tech in consumer electronics.
- ESL Pathways
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada
- Provincial Instructor Development Program
- Adult Basic Education
- General Studies