Every princess needs a tiara, or two. This one was made in 1936 by Cartier, and worn by Kate for her wedding. (Lewis Whyld/CP)
Here’s more of Maclean’s in-depth coverage of the birth of the second royal baby:
- The new royal baby is more than a spare to the heir
- HRH Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge: A royal infographic
- What will a new princess mean for the economy?
- How has Prince George stayed so invisible—and can Charlotte do the same?
- A labour of love: Patricia Treble’s eight stages of the #GreatKateWait
- Recapping a princess’s whirlwind 12 hours
- Have a romp through Princess Charlotte’s London