Ahh, Beavertails! To which Americans will respond, oh, you mean Elephant Ears!…
JANUARY 14, 2009
WITH TAILGATE PARTY
Washington D.C. – In true tailgate tradition, Canadians and Americans will gather at the Embassy of Canada on Pennsylvania Avenue to watch the parade and celebrate the Inauguration of the 44th President of the United States. Hosted by the The Embassy’s festivities will feature: and Canadian corporate sponsors, the tailgate party is expected to draw more than a thousand people at one of the best viewing spots on the parade route.
· Live entertainment provided by The Nathaniel Dett Chorale, Canada‘s first professional choral group dedicated to Afrocentric music;
· The Canadian NFL Chicago Bears defensive tackle, Israel Idonije, known to his fans as “the I train”;
· The Canadian Football League’s coveted Grey Cup, won by the Calgary Stampeders in 2008;
· Canadian “BeaverTail” pastries
· NASCAR’s Jamie McMurray and his #26 Crown Royal stock car; and
· The standing guard to salute President Obama.
Location: C Street Entrance
Embassy of Canada
501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20001
Looking for more?
Get the best of Maclean's sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for news, commentary and analysis.