In a world where people share every little detail of their lives, it’s the last, dirty secret: How big (or small) is your paycheque? In Maclean’s first-ever national guide to what Canadians earn, we take a figurative peek inside people’s wallets to answer that question.
Our researchers delved into public documents, scoured industry databases and sifted through reams of union agreements for the wages and salaries of everyone from arborists to bankers to comedians.
We asked such high-profile figures as athletes and celebrities what they earned, and when they didn’t tell us, we talked to agents and analysts to find out.
The end result is both entertaining and informative.
The question is: How do you measure up?
Find out by clicking the links below.
- Salaries for referees, umpires, commissioners and Don Cherry
- How much do city staff earn?
- How much do the premiers make?
- How much do top Canadian CEOs earn?
- Working for the federal government: From the PM to the back bench
- Teacher and doctor pay by province
- How much do top athletes earn?
- So you want to be a . . . Pay for dream jobs revealed
- How much do movie stars make?
- How much do big city mayors make?
- How does Justin Bieber stack up against other top pop stars?
New posts will be published daily. The full print-edition Who Earns What issue is available on newsstands.