Philip Roth at 80: America’s greatest hope for winning the Nobel Prize for literature has never been more relevant. Here’s why.
Plus, our latest book reviews:
- Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Recovering the Power of Character and Empathy, by Emily Bazelon, review by Dafna Izenberg
- Wave, by Sonali Deraniyagala, review Sarah Weinman
- The Stop: How the Fight for Good Food Transformed a Community and Inspired a Movement, by Nick Saul and Andrea Curtis, review by Pamela Cuthbert
- Rage Against the Dying, by Becky Masterman, review by Sarah Weinman
- The Book of My Lives, by Aleksander Hemon, review by Naoko Asano
- Missing Out: In Praise of the Unlived Life, by Adam Phillips, review by Mike Doherty