After a summer spent largely outside of Ottawa, federal politicians reconvene for their first sitting since June. That includes question period, the daily showdown between an opposition looking to catch the government off balance and a government looking to defend its record. Paul Wells scanned the headline issues and the leaders who are prepared—or not—to win the day.
We’ll carry a livestream of the House of Commons at 2:15 p.m. ET. Watch it here!
MORE ABOUT QUESTION PERIOD:
- Andrew Scheer and Justin Trudeau square off, finally
- Why Liberals want to change how MPs work in Ottawa
- Maryam Monsef’s change in parliamentary tone
- Kevin Lamoureux: Winnipeg’s golden (arches) boy
- Finance minister faces questions about soaring deficit
- The feisty first week of the 42nd Parliament
- How often should Prime Minister Trudeau be at QP?
- Why do our MPs clap for each other so much?