Questions, complaints and combativeness as the 42nd Parliament gets to work
Even before the House of Commons can debate the options for electoral reform, it is arguing over how to choose. Is this a fight the Liberals want?
December 10th, 2015 9 comments
Geoff Regan, the newly elected Speaker of the House of Commons, talks about his new role and his hopes for maintaining a new tone in Parliament
That the Trudeau government might be more open than its predecessor is its least daunting commitment, but also the most fertile ground for complaint
December 7th, 2015 3 comments
Justin Trudeau has set himself up to be defined by his ambitions. The flip side of that could doom him. Aaron Wherry on change’s possibility
December 4th, 2015 3 comments
What are the key areas to watch as the Trudeau era begins? Evan Solomon and Aaron Wherry break it down
Geoff Regan is now the Speaker of the House. What impact will he have—or can he have—on how parliamentary work is done?
December 3rd, 2015 2 comments
The important details of the federal Liberal government’s plan to resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees
November 24th, 2015 9 comments
A day after Alberta announced new policies to fight climate change, Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall strikes a more fretful tone
November 23rd, 2015 34 comments
Premiers will meet with the Prime Minister on Monday for the first time since 2009. Top of the agenda: climate change.
November 22nd, 2015 6 comments
David McLaughlin, former president of the National Roundtable on the Environment and the Economy, on Trudeau’s chances for a climate change deal
November 20th, 2015 5 comments
- The collapse of parenting: Why it’s time for parents to grow up
- Ten Trump rally outtakes
- Donald Trump’s “fake news” is the real news at Florida rally
- The most chilling image from the Trudeau-Trump visit
- Donald Trump is a threat to the press and to freedom of speech
- One photo, less than 1,000 words: What is a Canadian?
- Donald Trump rants and raves at the press
- How fentanyl turned an ER doctor into an addict
- University Rankings 2017
- How Harry Rosen is tailoring itself to an evolving men’s fashion industry