* At 1:58 p.m. ET, the Blog Central Election Desk is calling it: The winner of Caption Challenge No. 1 is – dramatically removing sunglasses in tribute to David Caruso – “je suis un pizza.” Mr./Ms. Suis Un Pizza, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I shall dispatch your prize through the magical tubes of the interweb.
I believe it was Stephen Harper who once said: “Democracy is the worst form of government… because with the other ones you don’t have to pretend to like people.”
But I’m feeling a little low on totalitarianism today, so democracy will have to suffice. I’ve narrowed Caption Challenge No. 1 to five finalists. Read the entries, consider the entries, caress the entries (with your mind) – and then vote for your favourite. Prize goes to the finalist who’s ahead in the poll as of 2 p.m. ET.
1. MJ Patchouli: “Hope these guys can get me to Harry’s Private Sale in time for door crasher specials!”
2. je suis un pizza: This fall, Stephen Harper is David Caruso in CSI: Tofino.
3. Ian: “I suppose this is a bad time to tell you about budgetary cutbacks.”
4. Mike T. “Global warming? Widespread climate change? Pish Posh! Take me to Copenhagen!” “Sir, this is Copenhagen.”
5. Jack Mitchell:
Rove, with a three-man crew —
Come aboard the Tory canoe!
Rove, it’s all cynical spin.
Fire up Baird, and we’ll all sniff glue!
Oh, Rove Boat! Soon will be fighting a new campaign;
The Rove Boat — populists all get the free champagne.
Set a course in a circle, and bow down before your God.
Oh, Rove, who knows what’s in store?
It’s hypocrisy, talking points galore!
It’s ROOOOOOVE! Welcome aboard, it’s ROOOOVE!
Looking for more?
Get the best of Maclean's sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for news, commentary and analysis.